Who we are
Mativa trgovina d.o.o.
Rajec 15, 8261, Jesenice na Dolenjsem
VAT number SI95937498
In further text Seller.
Buyer at our webpage is the person who orders any product from our selection that can be found on the webshop of the Seller.
The buyer can be only a person of full age. Minors can be Buyers but only with a approvement of their legal guardians.
To enable the smooth and timely execution of the agreement by Seller, it is important that you correctly and completely provide your name, your e-mail address and the delivery address as per the instructions. You are responsible for the accuracy of the details provided by you. You will find the full contact details of Seller is under Article 1 of these Conditions.
Seller will use the details provided by you only in the manner indicated in the privacy statement, which is available on its website.
When you buy an article via the Seller webstore, you enter into an agreement with the Seller. The agreement starts when the Seller has sent a confirmation to the e-mail address specified by you.
An agreement arising from an offer which contains an obvious mistake and/or error, such as an unusually low price, is not binding upon the Seller. Please contact the Seller when you doubt the validity of an offer.
Price and payment
The price quoted in the webstore when you place an order is the total price including all taxes and, if applicable, delivery charges.
You can pay for your order in the ways indicated in the webstore of the Seller.
The information about payment method and delivery prices please visit our Delivery and payment section or klik here.
Order Processing and Delivery
Seller aims to process and deliver your order as smoothly and quickly as possible. In the unlikely event that the relevant order is no longer available, The Seller will inform you and refund the paid amount for the relevant product.
For any additional questions about delivery, please contact us on email@example.com.
Orders are shipped to the delivery address provided by you and via the means of delivery chosen by you.
If the delivery address is located outside the delivery possibilities, it is possible that the country in question charges additional levies, such as import tax. Seller has no influence or control over such levies and can therefore not provide you with further information. You must check yourself if the ordered articles can be exported and imported to the country in question and what the costs are, before placing such an order.
Ownership of the ordered products passes to you as soon as the Seller has received full payment.
Unique Online Shop takes great care to ensure that products are shipped accurately and in full. Should you unexpectedly receive incomplete or damaged products, please contact us as soon as possible.
Right of Withdrawal
You have the right to terminate the agreement within 30 days after receipt of all the products in your order, without giving any reasons for doing so. This is the so-called cooling-off period. You can use your right to terminate the agreement by sending us the completed return form, but this is not required. You can also inform us in any other unambiguous way that you wish to terminate the agreement (for example by e-mail or post). More information about return options can be found on our website.
If you choose to terminate the agreement as far as a particular product is concerned, you are required to return this product as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after receipt of all the products in your order, to the address of the Seller as stated at the top of this page. The direct costs of the return shipment of the product to the Seller are for your own account.
In case of termination the Seller will refund the amount paid for the product in question immediately and in any case no later than fourteen work days after receipt of the notice that you wish to terminate the agreement, but not before the Seller has received the returned product in question or you are able to prove that the product has indeed been returned. If, when placing your order, you chose a different delivery method than the cheapest standard delivery used by the Seller, we will not refund any extra costs resulting from this upon termination of the agreement.
The returned products MUST be unused in undamaged original packaging.
When you return a product that you have damaged, has been used, the labels have been removed, a product is incomplete or a product contains other signs of wear which show that you have used the product more extensively than permitted under, you are liable towards the Seller for the decrease in the value of the product caused by you. The Seller will deduct this decrease in value from the total amount to be refunded to you or choose the right to decline the right of withdrawl.
The termination right does not apply to products that are not suitable for return due to health and hygiene reasons and where the seal has been broken after delivery.
Changes to these Conditions
If the Seller decides to change these Conditions, it will publish the changed Conditions on its website. You are advised to check on a regular basis if the Conditions have changed. Any changes do not apply to orders that were placed before the date of change. These Conditions were last changed on April, 5, 2021.
The Seller aims to deliver the highest possible quality regarding its products and services. Should you have any complaints, you can direct them to us by post or e-mail to:
Mativa Trgovina E-Commerce
Josipa Lončara 3
10000 Zagreb, Croatia
To our address stated at the top of this page.
If you have gone through the complaint procedure, but you want your complaint referred to another authority, you can contact the Dispute Commission via the European ODR Platform: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
Pictures and descriptions
Pictures and descriptions don’t have to be 100% same. Sometimes the manufacturer changes the packaging of the product.
Unique Online Store respects the privacy of all our customers, potential customers and visitors to its Websites and Applications (collectively “Web Services”) and is highly committed to maintaining the privacy of all such visitors. We will use your personal data to make sure that your orders are handled as fast and easy as possible or that certain parts of the Web Services are more tailored to your interests. This statement describes how we deal with your personal data and online security.
The Seller is responsible for the processing of your personal data and acts as the “data controller,” which means we make the decisions regarding the personal data we collect from you.
If you have any questions, feedback or want to know more about how your personal data is processed, or if you want to access, correct or remove your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What data we collect and how we use it?
Personal data is any data that can be used to identify you as a person. We collect data in the following ways:
- If you place an order through our Web Services, we collect your name, e-mail, billing information, and shipment address in order to complete and deliver your order. In addition, we also offer you the option to store your credit card details in an encrypted and inaccessible format.
- To make your shopping experience as nice as possible, we collect personal data about your orders and the use of our services. We use this data to personalize the Web Services and recommend products you might be interested in. We may also use this data to find patterns that can be used to further optimize our marketing.
- If you have placed items in your shopping cart while using an online account but have not checked out these items, we may send you an abandoned cart e-mail informing you that the items are still for sale. For this purpose, we collect data about which items are placed in your cart.
- If you create an online account on our Web Services, we collect your personal data on a secure server. You are asked to fill in your name, e-mail, billing information, shipment address, and password to allow you to place orders for our products. We store your billing and shipment address so that you do not have to fill in this information for any subsequent purchases.
- The data and feedback we collect about the use of our Web Services help us to develop and improve the Web Services and other related services.
- We collect and store data regarding your online and offline purchase history and behavior on our Web Services, CRM, media and e-mail data in a Data Management Platform (DMP). We may also store data received from other parties (including data vendors and social media) in our DMP. We analyze the data collected to target a specific audience, to match your data with customers that have a similar profile, to link devices that you use, and to show you targeted ads and offers, and to customize your online experience or ship products to you that you purchase offline.
- If you decide to write a review, you can do this under your own name or anonymously. We reserve the right to not publish or to remove reviews.
- If you contact our customer service, we will collect your name and e-mail address (and any additional data you may provide us with) to be able to respond to your questions or comments or to provide better service.
- We will inform our customers (or potential customers after their consent) on new products, specials and other promotional activities by sending you our newsletter. If you no longer want to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe by use of the relevant opt-out button in the newsletter or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- If you apply for a job at Unique Online Store through our Web Services, we will collect your name, e-mail address, phone number, CV/resume, photo, and cover letter.
- If you choose to receive a digital receipt when buying in any of our brick and mortar stores, we may collect your e-mail address and an overview of the items you bought.
What we need your data for?
We only collect and further process your personal data for the purposes mentioned in the previous section.
Unless the further use of your data is compatible with the original purpose for which the data was collected, we will ask for your consent before using your personal data for purposes other than those listed above. We will inform you of, and, if necessary ask your consent for, any changes in the use of your personal data.
We may use your data for decisions based on automated decision-making, including profiling. For instance, we may use previous purchase data and or browsing data to suggest matching products to those previous purchases. By obtaining your consent, we are able to use automated decision-making both in advertising and on our Web Services.
We will inform you of new products, specials and other promotional activities by sending you our newsletter. If you no longer want to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe by use of the relevant opt-out button in the newsletter or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we send your data
We will not share your personal data with third parties except as disclosed below or with your additional consent. We may share your personal data with our third-party service providers, including, but not limited to:Functional
- Mollie – our payment services provider
- Mailchimp – to store your client profile and to send you our newsletters
- ContactCare – to respond to your customer service questions
- Hotjar – to gather your feedback about our website and optimize your website experience
- Google Optimize – for visual website A/B and multivariate testing to optimize your experience
- Google Analytics – to collect and display detailed statistics from our Website(s). The purpose of this service is to give us a clear overview of visitor flows, traffic sources and pageviews. Based on this information we can improve our Website(s) and improve your shopping experience on our Website(s) and App(s).
- Mailchimp – to store your client profile and to send you our newsletters, targeted ads and offers
- Facebook and Instagram – to show you personalized messages and advertisements
- Google Adwords – to share and display relevant products on Google platforms
We reserve the right to disclose your personal data to official authorities or third parties to the extent we reasonably believe that disclosure is required by law, or to protect your or others’ rights, property or safety.
In certain situations, we may ask for your consent to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
Please note that the use of any feature made available to you on our Web Services such as Facebook Connect, or the “like” feature (also connected to Facebook), may result in your personal data being collected or shared by us or by others. We cannot control how your data is collected, stored, used, or shared by third-party sites. Please review the privacy policies and settings of these third parties, including the social networking sites, to make sure you understand and agree with how they manage your data.
If you do not want us to share your personal data with a social media site or application, you should not access such social media site or social media application. For example, you should not click a “like” button on a product detail page.
We may also share your personal data with applicable third parties in the event of a reorganisation, merger, sale, assignment or other disposition of all or a portion of our business, assets or shares.
5. Legal grounds for processing your data
By the following acts you give us your consent to process your personal data:
- Creating an online account
- Writing a review
- Contacting our customer service
- Applying for a job through our Services
We will ask your consent before we send you a newsletter if you are not yet our customer.
You have the right to revoke your consent at all times. When you revoke your consent, we will stop processing your personal data.
Necessary for the performance of an agreement
When you place an order, you enter into a purchase agreement with us. In order to process and deliver your order, we need certain personal data, such as your name, e-mail, billing and shipment address. Additionally, when you choose to receive a digital receipt, we need certain personal data such as your e-mail to complete the transaction.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
For our legitimate business interests, we may process your personal data to:
- Personalize our Web Services
- Recommend products that you may be interested in
- Optimize our marketing
- Develop and improve the functionality of our Web Services
In addition, you have the right to object to processing your personal data for interest-based advertising. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that if you exercise such right accordingly, this may limit us to process your data for your benefit as set out above.
Your data is safe at Unique Online Store (online security)
We appreciate the trust you place in us. We are committed to protecting your personal data. We have implemented reasonable security measures, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology and other tools to protect all of your personal data we may collect through our Web Services. We use a variety of measures to ensure that your personal data is protected from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or alteration, unlawful destruction, or accidental loss. However, the internet is an open system and The Seller cannot guarantee that the personal data you submit will not be intercepted by others. All of our employees who have access to or are involved in the processing of personal data are bound by contractual confidentiality obligations and will respect the confidentiality of any such personal data.
Our Web Services may include links to website(s) operated by third parties. Such third parties may collect personal data from visitors to their website(s). The Seller cannot guarantee the content or privacy practices of any such third party website(s) and does not accept responsibility for such website(s). We recommend you to read the privacy policies of third party website(s).
In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
We do not keep your personal data longer than necessary
When you place an order for our products, we retain that information for a minimum period of six years following the end of the financial year in which you placed your order. This is in accordance with our legal obligation to keep records for tax purposes.
Correspondence and enquiries
When you make an enquiry or contact us by e-mail or via our contact form, we retain your information for 24 months after the complete resolution of your enquiry.
We retain the information you used to sign up for our newsletter until you unsubscribe or we decide to cancel our newsletter service, whichever occurs first.
In any other circumstances, we will retain your information for no longer than necessary, taking into account the following:
- The purposes and use of your information both now and in the future (such as whether it is necessary to continue to store that information in order to continue to perform our obligations under an agreement with you or to contact you in the future).
- Whether we have any legal obligation to continue to process your information (such as any record-keeping obligations imposed by relevant law or regulations).
- Whether we have any legal basis to continue to process your information (such as your consent).
- Any relevant agreed-upon industry practices regarding how long information should be retained.
Where your data is processed
Your data is processed within the European Union.
Cookies and Do Not Track
Your Privacy Rights
Under applicable privacy laws (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)), you have, inter alia, the right to:
- Ask for access to your personal data (access)
- Ask to change or correct your personal data (rectification)
- Ask to delete your personal data (erasure/right to be forgotten). Please note that although we will grant a request to delete information if required by law, in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Ask to restrict the processing of your personal data (restriction).
- Ask to transfer your data to another controller or to yourself if we have processed your data based on your consent or based on the agreement you have entered into with us (data portability).
- Object to the (further) processing of your personal data if we have processed your data based on our legitimate interests (objection).
Objection and complaints
Our Privacy Statement may change from time to time to reflect changes to our services or changes in the Applicable privacy laws. We will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Statement without your explicit consent. We will post any changes to our Privacy Statement on this page. We will notify you personally, for example through an email notification, of significant changes to our Privacy Statement.
Minors providing personal data
Persons below the age of 18 may only provide personal data to the Seller if they have written consent from one of their parents or a legal guardian who has read this privacy statement.
The Seller is responsible for the processing of your personal data and acts as the controller. If you have any questions, feedback or want to know more about how your personal data is processed, or if you want to access, correct, or remove your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party cookies
Some cookies are set and collected by third parties, inter alia social media cookies. Through social media buttons you are able to view certain content on our Website. In order to function, social media platforms set cookies. We refer you to the information these third parties provide about these cookies on their own websites:
This information is regularly subject to changes. The Seller has no influence over this.
In addition, our Website uses other cookies that are necessary to provide the required service or which are used to communicate with the user (including session cookies and analytics). These cookies can be used without providing prior information or requesting prior consent.
You may refuse the use of Google Analytics by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of our Website. Furthermore, you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB#. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html.
Disable or remove cookies
You can turn off all cookies, in case you prefer not to receive them, and you can have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. Disabling cookies may prevent some web services from working correctly: it can limit the functionality of our Website and it is possible that you do not have access to some of the features on our Website. To turn off all cookies, or to receive a warning whenever cookies are being used, you can deselect each of the above-mentioned cookies.
You can also adjust your browser settings to manage cookies. Most web browsers allow control of the above listed cookies through the browser settings. Please note that if cookie settings in your browser are changed, this may influence the functionality of our Website. You can adjust your browser settings to delete certain cookies or prevent them where you have not given express permission for them to be stored on your computer or mobile device. Visit the “help” section of your browser for how to manage your cookie settings, or follow the links below:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/gp/cookies/en
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Adobe (plug-in for flash cookies): https://www.adobe.com/security/flashplayer/articles/lso/
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Changes to the cookie statemen
This cookie statement is subject to change, so please consult this page regularly for the correct and up-to-date version.